At Indoor Environmental Solutions, Inc. our goal is to exceed our client's expectations.
Every time my downstairs neighbor cooks, it smells like she's cooking in MY apartment...and worse, we do not have the same taste in food. How is the smell getting into my place? What can I do to stop it?
the the National Indoor Air Quality Institute (NIAQI),
due to the construction of more energy efficient buildings
over the past 20 years, commercial buildings and multi-family
residential properties have become more prone to mold and
IAQ problems than ever before. Some
benefits of maintaining healthy properties include:
- Building occupants stay healthier and more productive
- Minimize legal liabilities with a pro-active approach
- IAQ compliance may reduce insurance rates
- Mechanical systems run more efficiently and inexpensively
- Marketing advantages for IAQ compliant properties
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that in 1998, clothes dryers were associated with 15,600 fires, which resulted in 20 deaths and 370 injuries. Fires can occur when lint builds up in the dryer or in the exhaust duct. Lint can block the flow of air, cause excessive heat build-up, and result in a fire in some dryers.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) recommends that consumers purchase and install carbon monoxide detectors with labels showing they meet the requirements of the new Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. (UL) voluntary standard (UL 2034). The UL standard, published in April 1992, requires detectors to sound an alarm when exposure to carbon monoxide reaches potentially hazardous levels over a period of time. Detectors that meet the requirements of UL 2034 provide a greater safety margin than previously-manufactured detectors.
Find information and resources on: Mold/Moisture, Asthma, Secondhand Smoke, Radon, IAQ in Schools, and General IAQ Questions
Indoor Environmental Solutions, Inc. | tel 718-824-6591 | fax 718-824-6591 | firstname.lastname@example.org